Monday, October 1, 2012

TAKING STOCK OF RECENT TRADE RECOMMENDATIONS (1ST OCTOBER 2012)

Once again, the time has come for us to have a look back and see how we have fared over the last month. Many, in fact, all of the trades that have been entered into over the last 2 months are still open. So let's have a look at how we did.

Firstly, I'm going to start with Gold Fields (GFI). The opportunity here was to try buy some stock at or around the R98.00 level. Since the 13th of September, when the trade was suggested, GFI never came low enough for me to get an entry into the trade. Normally I would be scolding myself for missing the opportunity, although it must be said that given all the risks in the mining sector at present, I am not entirely unhappy that this trade never gave an opportunity for entry. I will continue to watch GFI, however for now I am happy to watch from the sidelines.

Please note that I am using the closing prices on Friday the 28th of September 2012 for the following:

Share
Bought
Current
% Move
Coronation (CML)
R29.50
R31.00
5.08%
MTN (MTN)
R155.00
R160.21
3.36%
Brait SE (BAT)
R28.00
R29.40
5%
Cashbuild (CSB)
R150.00
R155.00
3.33%


Then lastly, there is the pair trade that was taken on MTN (MTN) and Anglo (AGL). That pair being, long MTN and short AGL. Making use of the prices as at the close of the market on Friday, that pair is up 0.77% inclusive of brokerage. 

1 comment: